However to me the true cost is not measured only in dollars. It is in lots of other measures as well.
Other costs could include:
- Loss of the ability to smile
- Unable to find and keep a good job
- Social situations are avoided - like going to church, cheering at your kids or grand kids sporting events
- Inability to enjoy your favorite foods (steak, salads, crispy veggies)
- Overall health suffers - ill chewed food puts stress on your digestive system and you absorb less of all the good stuff
- Spending valuable $$ on Adhesives or Pastes to glue in your dentures
- Constant sores in your gums
- Yearly relines of your denture or partials
The cost of even missing one tooth is HUGE! If one tooth is missing and not replaced 20% of the teeth next to it will be lost in the next 4 to 8 years. This is one of the reasons that over 50 Million Americans have lost all their teeth.
Mini Dental Implants for an Affordable Cost can:
Replace Single Teeth: With a mini implant acting as the root of your missing tooth a porcelain crown can be made. You do not remove this like a partial denture. To you it is like having your natural tooth back.
Replace Multiple Teeth: Several mini dental implants can be placed to form a porcelain bridge. This will get rid of the gap where several teeth have been lost. It does not require healthy teeth on either side to be ground down like a traditional bridge.
Replace an Entire Row of Missing Upper or Lower Teeth: In some cases 8-10 mini dental implants can be placed in the upper or lower jaws to support a full roundhouse bridge. This will replace 10-12 missing teeth with a series of porcelain crowns that are connected and placed over the mini implants. You will never need to use dental adhesives or pastes to hold teeth in again. You also will have teeth that you do no remove. You will have to brush and water pick to keep your new teeth clean.
Paresh B Patel DDS